
I have retired...for now. I have decided to resign from my career in sales after 10-years in the biz to stay home with Jacob. My whole life, I always thought I wanted to be a "SAHM." I mean, my mom was. After college, and I started working in the "real world," I couldn't wait to stop working after my 1st week on the job- the early mornings, hectic to and from city commutes, grueling hours, and a very stressful job in the world of sales...cold calls, the whole nine yards. But, I did it, and I succeeded at it. Though, I've been known to stress how I couldn't wait to "mommy retire" one day, I still couldn't let go...the "high" that I get from sales is fantastic- that "I won him/her" attitude kept me going day after day, week after week, month after month, and the money...kept me going year after year. The "my money" that is...now I am living in the world of "our money" and that is going to be something we are going to have to "ease" into. The idea of discussing with my husband how much money I spent today, well, I would rather scratch my finger nails down a chalkboard.
This "new career" will take a little getting adjusted to on every level- no income coming in on my end, no real adult time, no days full of dressing up. This "New Career" however, is something I have wanted to do my whole life. I am going to try my hardest to do it the best I can. I am looking forward to days full of waking up with no rush to get to a meeting and days full of Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. Watching him smile, laugh, explore, and learn lots with him- together. I am looking forward to this new part of my life...a time to "smell the roses."
Before I close, I would like to send a very special thanks to all those who made it possible for me to be a "working mommy" for the last year. First and foremost, thank you to my mom...who helped care for Jake the first 6-months of his life. Thank you to Olivia (Rocky's mom)...who helped care for Jake these past couple months as well as helping us keep our house clean while I was living many busy weeks. Lastly, I would like to thanks Jake's 1st Babysitter: Therese- who helped me care for Jacob the entire summer. We miss her lots. Thanks to everyone for your wonderful support. We could not have made it through without any of you.
6 comments:
Congrats Jill, that is so great that you get to stay at home with Jacob.
Thanks Kenzie!
Good for you Jill. Enjoy every moment with Jacob.
Bittersweet!
We are here for a playdate or mommy chat anytime.
Enjoy your time with that little sweetie
That's so awesome for you two!
That is wonderful!
Post a Comment